Cicerone Help & FAQs
I am going abroad with a trekking company. Do I need the guidebook?
Many trekking companies will give or sell you a Cicerone guide for your trip. Indeed many treks are based around Cicerone guides.
The trekking company will give you enough instructions and briefing, the leader will know the route and the paperwork will summarise it. You could certainly manage without a guidebook.
But our purpose in writing Cicerone guides is to help the walker and trekker have a great time. The extra information in the guide may help you do this, so why not take the guidebook? The whole planning and plotting of the journey doesn’t stop just because it’s organised.
- Why are your guidebooks different colours?
- What is the difference between a reprint and a new edition?
- Why are only some of the guidebooks covered with PVC?
- Why do you sometimes not reprint guidebooks?
- Does the paper you use come from environmentally friendly sources?
- What other areas and countries are you planning guidebooks to in the future?
- The guidebook I really wanted has just gone out of print. Can you suggest how I might get one?
- Can I ask an author a question?
- I've got an update for you
- What are the updates and how do I get them?
- I am going abroad with a trekking company. Do I need the guidebook?
- How do you decide which guidebooks to publish?
- Why are some of your very old guidebooks still for sale?
- What countries do your guidebooks cover?