Cicerone Help & FAQs
What countries do your guidebooks cover?
As well as extensive coverage throughout the UK, Cicerone have guidebooks to areas all over the world. We have guides to the Himalayas, long-distance treks in the United States and have the most comprehensive range of titles to the Alps available in the English language. We even have a guidebook to Polar Exploration although, perhaps not surprisingly, that is a slower seller than some of the others.
We are always seeking to expand our coverage of the best mountain and outdoor areas of the world, and we're excited to bring you new guidebooks for adventurous and far-flung corners of the world.
- Why are your guidebooks different colours?
- What is the difference between a reprint and a new edition?
- Why are only some of the guidebooks covered with PVC?
- Why do you sometimes not reprint guidebooks?
- Does the paper you use come from environmentally friendly sources?
- What other areas and countries are you planning guidebooks to in the future?
- The guidebook I really wanted has just gone out of print. Can you suggest how I might get one?
- Can I ask an author a question?
- I've got an update for you
- What are the updates and how do I get them?
- I am going abroad with a trekking company. Do I need the guidebook?
- How do you decide which guidebooks to publish?
- Why are some of your very old guidebooks still for sale?
- What countries do your guidebooks cover?