Cicerone Help & FAQs
Why are only some of the guidebooks covered with PVC?
The PVC protects the guidebook against hard use and the weather and ensures it lasts a long time. The guide can be as good as new even after a long, tough expedition.
So we save on trees, but cost the planet a bit more oil. The cost of PVC does affect the overall price of the book too. It’s a question of balance, and we do our best to get this right.
- Why are your guidebooks different colours?
- What is the difference between a reprint and a new edition?
- Why are only some of the guidebooks covered with PVC?
- Why do you sometimes not reprint guidebooks?
- Does the paper you use come from environmentally friendly sources?
- What other areas and countries are you planning guidebooks to in the future?
- The guidebook I really wanted has just gone out of print. Can you suggest how I might get one?
- Can I ask an author a question?
- I've got an update for you
- What are the updates and how do I get them?
- I am going abroad with a trekking company. Do I need the guidebook?
- How do you decide which guidebooks to publish?
- Why are some of your very old guidebooks still for sale?
- What countries do your guidebooks cover?