Cicerone Help & FAQs
How can I get the GPX files for my guidebook?
Some of our guides come with free GPX routes to help with your planning. Please follow these instructions to access your GPX data:
You will need to download the GPX files from your Library.
Click on My Account to log in or become a Cicerone member
If you purchased your book from us then it should already be in your library.
Click on the cover image
Click Download GPX Route Files
If the book cover is not showing in your library then you can add it to your virtual bookshelf.
Click on Add a Book
Choose your book
Continue as above to download the files
- The GPX files are collections of data points - they are not maps to the routes.
- The files are contained in a .zip folder. You will need to extract this .zip folder and then use a GPX reader to open the files. This is easiest to do on a desktop computer.
- We do not have GPX files for every book. If the "Download GPX Route Files" button does not appear then we do not have them for this title.
- What maps do you use in your guidebooks?
- I use my GPS all the time. Why do I need a guidebook?
- What are GPX files?
- How can I get the GPX files for my guidebook?
- The maps in Cicerone guidebooks are great. Do I need to buy the real maps?
- How do I open the GPX files?