How long can I keep my eBook for?
Your eBook is yours to keep forever, it's just the same as purchasing a physical book. However, the ability to download your eBook will expire after two years - this condition is set by our eBook provider and isn't something that we can change and so it's important to make sure that you've downloaded your eBook before this.
Similarly, if the eBook that you have is declared out of print ahead of a new edition releasing, then the eBook will be removed from your Cicerone website account. Any existing copies of the eBook that you have downloaded will still be available to read so please ensure you have saved a copy of the eBook somewhere safe.
If the expiry date has been reached and you don't have a copy of your eBook already downloaded, don't worry! Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help.
How do I download my ebook?
If you haven't already, the first thing you'll need to do is sign up for a free Cicerone website account - using the same email address that you used when placing the order.
It's important that you make sure you have an eBook reading application on your device before you download the eBook. We tend to recommend Google Play Books & Audiobooks or Apple Books, but you could also use Adobe Acrobat reader or Microsoft reader.
Once you've done both these things, you'll then need to:
- Login to your Cicerone website account and click on 'My Account' at the top right hand side of the website page.
- Under 'My Books', click on your eBook cover image.
- In the 'eBook' section of the new page, you'll see a blue button that reads 'Generate file'. Click this once, you'll need to wait a few seconds for the file to generate, rather than clicking multiple times. Each click uses a token from your allowance. The button will change to 'Download ePub' when the book is ready to download, click on this.
- Your eBook will now start to download but please note, sometimes the button will show as 'Downloading' long after the eBook has already been downloaded to your device. If this happens, it's worth checking the 'Downloads' folder of your device to see if it's there.
- We'd recommend saving the eBook file to a cloud storage location so it's then easy to upload into your preferred eBook reading app.
- If you've got an eBook reading app installed then the file will usually open there. If not, you might need to click on the file in your 'Downloads' folder and manually open it in the application of your choice
If you still can't download your eBook, just drop us a message at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
Can I download my eBook to a Kindle device or Kindle app?
Unfortunately, no - the eBook is not compatible with Kindle devices or the Kindle app. You can, however, get a compatible version from Amazon.
My eBook isn't showing up in my account - help!
If you can't see your eBook in your Cicerone website account, don't worry - there are a few things we can do.
- First, make sure you're logged into the right Cicerone website account. If you have multiple emails and have ordered from us a few times, you might have used a slightly different email address.
- It's also important to check that your Cicerone website account uses the same email address that you would have used when making the eBook purchase. If you think you might have ordered using the wrong address, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can manually change the email address on the order for you.
- Has it been more than two years since you purchased the eBook? If the answer is yes, then it could be that your eBook download link has expired. Not to worry! Contact us at email@example.com and we can help you to regain access to your eBook.
- Is the book still available to purchase on our website? If it isn't, then it probably means that the eBook that you purchased has since been declared out of print. Any existing copies of the eBook that you have downloaded will still be available to read though, so please make sure that you have saved a copy of the eBook somewhere safe.
Can I print out a physical copy of my eBook?
No, due to anti-piracy regulations, you won't be able to print out a copy of your eBook but we do sell physical copies of all our guidebooks if you'd like a printed version. We also offer a bundle discount on the printed copy and eBook copies of any of our guidebooks.