Cicerone Help & FAQs
Can I ask an author a question?
Hopefully we can answer your question as the author may be away or busy and unable to answer.
If your query is about a book and its contents please check the book page thoroughly. If the answer you need is not here, let us know, and we’ll add it.
If you're after advice or guidance please have a look through Extra - there may be an article covering your issue.
However, sometimes you just need to go straight to the author with a question. Where possible, we try to help with that. Here are some ways to get in touch with our authors:
1) If an author has a website or social media profile, these details are given on their author page. We don’t give authors’ email addresses on our site, at the authors’ request.
2) Secondly, you could email us saying ‘I have a question for the Author’ on our Contact Us page. We will pass the question on.
- Why are your guidebooks different colours?
- What is the difference between a reprint and a new edition?
- Why are only some of the guidebooks covered with PVC?
- Why do you sometimes not reprint guidebooks?
- Does the paper you use come from environmentally friendly sources?
- What other areas and countries are you planning guidebooks to in the future?
- The guidebook I really wanted has just gone out of print. Can you suggest how I might get one?
- Can I ask an author a question?
- I've got an update for you
- What are the updates and how do I get them?
- I am going abroad with a trekking company. Do I need the guidebook?
- How do you decide which guidebooks to publish?
- Why are some of your very old guidebooks still for sale?
- What countries do your guidebooks cover?