If you have an old edition of a guidebook you can swap it for a brand new edition of the same book for half price. We have changed the scheme to make it easier for people to use. You now need to purchase the book first and apply for a refund by sending us proof of your qualifying book. This saves postage and means you can keep your old guidebook with scribbles and notes in the margins! To participate in the scheme please follow the instructions below.
To get the new book:
- Purchase the book you would
like to receive
- Order as normal, using our website
- Make a note of the order number
Using the 'old' book:
- Find the mostly blank page at the beginning of the book where it shows the title of the book
- Write the following under the title "New for Old Scheme":
- the date
- the ISBN of the book
- The edition of the book
- Please write this in pen.
- Take a photo of this and email the image to us, quoting your order number
As soon as we receive this we will issue a 50% refund for the relevant book.
- Any charges for postage will not be discounted
- Please ensure your book is eligible before purchasing (it must be a new edition of the same book, not a reprint).
The Silva Expedition series of compasses are specially designed to simplify map work. With its scale markings for measuring coordinates and built in magnifier this compass is also equipped with luminous markings in the housing, on the needle and on the baseplate, aiding navigation in the dark. Additionally rubber grips on the base plate ensure it stays secure when placed on a map.
Endorsed as recommended kit for Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
RRP £39.99 Offer price of £28.00 is available at the checkout, when purchasing any printed guidebook.
Tech Specs: Magnifier, millimetre and inch scales. Romer scales: 1:40.000 1:50.000 1:25.000.
* Delivery only to a UK postal address, and must be accompanied by the purchase of a book. This offer is for a northern hemisphere compass only.
Map and Compass
A comprehensive guide to navigation
An instructive guidebook explaining map and compass techniques, to help readers enhance their outdoor experiences. Whether you are experienced in map-reading, or have never used a compass before, this guidebook will sharpen your skills and have you exploring new areas in no time. There are also tips for GPS and digital mapping technologies.More information