London wildlife photography competition
Win a Páramo Traveller jacket and other prizes from Cicerone, Nikwax and Silva, all ideal for wildlife spotting and photography. You might even have the opportunity for your winning photograph to appear in print, the next time Walking in London is printed.
London is one of the greenest cities on the planet...
- 8 million trees
- 13,000 species
- 2 National Nature Reserves
- 3,000 parks
- 47% is green (or blue) space
Discover a wilder side to London!Walking in London is a guidebook of 25 walks in and around the capital’s green spaces and nature reserves. Covering both central and Greater London, the walks range from 4 to 14 miles, exploring woods and forests, royal parks and heaths, the World Heritage site of Kew Gardens, as well as canals and rivers.
25 walks, each one showcases something special – unique, rare, wild, beautiful
To enter this competition, go out and enjoy some of London’s green spaces, then submit up to three photographs reflecting the natural habitats that remain in London, and/or the wildlife that continues to thrive in them. Ideally try to include some elements of the photograph to put the image in context – to reflect that this wildlife really is in London.
If you don’t currently have a copy of Walking in London, and would like to buy one, it’s currently on offer at 25% discount (RRP £12.95). Also available at a 25% discounted price – Outdoor Photography (RRP £14.95), written by Chiz Dakin and Jon Sparks, who are the judges of this competition.
Both of these offers end 31st May 2018.
The winner will receive
- A Páramo jacket – either the Men’s Halcon Traveller or a Women’s Alondra Traveller, ideal for wildlife spotting and photography
- A Carry Dry waterproof case from Silva – size medium, suitable for a small camera
- A copy of Outdoor Photography
- A sample sachet of Nikwax Cottonproof®
- The possibility of the winning photo to be included in the next edition of Walking in London (subject to suitability)
20 runner-up prizes will each receive a copy of Outdoor Photography and a sample sachet of Nikwax Cottonproof®
You can see the entries so far on our submissions page.
Your contact details and privacy
If you would like to receive further information from any of the prize providers, please indicate your wishes and preferences. If you indicate you would like to receive communications from any business related to this competition, but then change your mind in the future, you may unsubscribe at any time.
Entry to the competition is not in any respect conditional on subscribing to receive further information or correspondence.
Your email or alternative details are required by Cicerone for contact purposes in the event of qualifying for a prize. If you have not subscribed to receive further information from Cicerone, your details will be deleted from our database within one month from the end of the competition.
- You can enter up to 3 photos in the competition.
- The photos must be taken from, or close to, any route described in the Cicerone guidebook Walking in London, and feature wildlife or landscape to be found in London’s green spaces.
- All photos should be submitted with a caption stating where they were taken, and must have been taken in 2017 or 2018.
- Photographs must be your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright.
- We regret that we cannot accept entries from anyone below 18 years of age. By entering this competition you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- You can digitally edit, improve or alter your photos in any way you like.
- Photographs will be judged on artistic merit.
- We make no claims on your copyright.
- You give your permission for Cicerone to publish your photo(s) on our website and to use it/them without charge to promote the competition and Cicerone. If your photo(s) is used in this way you will be credited as the photographer.
- If any people in your photo are recognisable, you must obtain their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition and used for promotional purposes.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 31 May 2018
- The competition is NOT open to professional photographers.
- By entering, you give your permission for Cicerone to publish your name if you are a prize winner.
- There are no cash alternatives available for the prizes listed.
- Entry to the competition should be made on the Cicerone website.
- Employees of Cicerone and of contributing prize sponsors are excluded from the competition.
- The prizes are non transferable, non refundable and subject to availability. No purchase necessary.
- Photographs will be judged by Jon Sparks and Chiz Dakin, both reknowned outdoor photographers, and authors of Outdoor Photography, published by Cicerone.
- Judges decisions are final.