Your contact details and privacy
If you would like to receive further information from any of the prize providers, please indicate your wishes and preferences. If you indicate you would like to receive communications from any business related to this competition, but then change your mind in the future, you may unsubscribe at any time.
Entry to the competition is not in any respect conditional on subscribing to receive further information or correspondence.
Your email or alternative details are required by Cicerone for contact purposes in the event of qualifying for a prize. If you have not subscribed to receive further information from Cicerone, your details will be deleted from our database within one month from the end of the competition.
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST Sunday 18 December 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter entrants must sign up to the competition on the competition page at www.cicerone.co.uk.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on the Monday 19 December 2022.
7. The prize for each of the three winners is a copy each of Scottish Wild Country Backpacking and two further guidebooks of each winners' choosing, subject to availability.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
12. Our decisions are final. We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, or due to computer error
13. We will make the winner's name and county available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are required to make the winner's details available to the ASA if requested.
14. The Promoter is Cicerone Press Limited, Juniper House, Murley Moss Business Village, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RL.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
17. In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.