Win a fully guided Tour of Mont Blanc trekking holiday
Cicerone and Mont Blanc Treks are offering you the chance to win a completely free fully guided walking holiday on the “Tour of Mont Blanc”.
Unfortunately, we are postponing our competition to win a guided walking holiday of the Tour du Mont Blanc until season 2021.
Our competitions are always open to everyone worldwide and considering all of the uncertainty we have all faced due to Covid-19, we don’t feel it has been fair to people outside of Europe, who simply haven’t been able to plan travel. We are very happy that in the next couple of days the world will start to be welcomed to Europe once again, but our competition is due to close today.
Therefore, we won’t offer anyone a free guided holiday this year. All entrants who applied before we found ourselves in these unprecedented times, will be automatically entered into the competition for a place next year, when the opportunity can, once again be open to anyone and everyone, wherever they may be.
The Tour of Mont Blanc crosses the European Alps and regularly features in the world’s top ten 'must do' treks. It's not hard to understand why as the Tour of Mont Blanc circuit is absolutely outstanding. With amazing views, well maintained trails - rich with flora and fauna, and gastronomic delights to look forward to at the end of each day.
“Covering 170km and 10,000m of ascent, and taking in France, Italy and Switzerland, the TMB is one of the world’s greatest walks, offering trekkers a tough challenge with spectacular scenery”
Andrew Gilchrist “The Guardian” Sun 19th July 2015
The holiday includes: a fully guided trek of the full circuit Tour of Mont Blanc, worth £2,475 beginning on the 1st September 2020. Accommodation for 12 nights and 10 days trekking, with two days to enjoy both Courmayeur and Chamonix. We will also include baggage transfer, hearty local food at the accommodation and of course our expert local guide.
And you will receive our brand new guidebook to the Tour of Mont Blanc which includes everything you need to know about the route, along with a separate map booklet showing the entire route on IGN 1:25,000 maps. Mont Blanc Treks will ensure that you have everything else that you need to enjoy this walking holiday. For more detailed information on the trek please see: Mont Blanc Treks Tour du Mont Blanc.
The closing date is 31st May and we will announce the winner on the 8th June, giving you plenty of time to prepare for the walk of a lifetime! The competition does not include flights and neither the dates or route are transferable – see our terms and conditions for more information.
Trekking the Tour of Mont Blanc
Complete two-way hiking guidebook and map booklet
Guidebook for walking the Tour of Mont Blanc, one of the world's classic treks. The 170km TMB route typically takes 11 days and is described in both anti-clockwise and clockwise directions, with optional variants. Includes information about refuges and facilities and a separate booklet showing the entire route on IGN 1:25,000 maps.More information
Your contact details and privacy
If you would like to receive further information from any of the prize providers, please indicate your wishes and preferences. If you indicate you would like to receive communications from any business related to this competition, but then change your mind in the future, you may unsubscribe at any time.
Entry to the competition is not in any respect conditional on subscribing to receive further information or correspondence.
Your email or alternative details are required by Cicerone for contact purposes in the event of qualifying for a prize. If you have not subscribed to receive further information from Cicerone, your details will be deleted from our database within one month from the end of the competition.
- We regret that we cannot accept entries from anyone below 18 years of age. By entering this competition you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Proof of identity and age will be required.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 31 May 2020.
- By entering, you give your permission for Cicerone and Mont Blanc Treks to publish your name if you are a prize winner. We will be asking the winner to keep us regularly updated with news of their journey, in whatever format suits you best. We may have the possibility of national newspaper coverage, so if you wouldn’t like that, please don’t apply. The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by Cicerone and/or Mont Blanc Treks relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Entry to the competition must be made on the Cicerone website.
- One entry per person - duplicate entries will not be counted and you may be disqualified. Use of a false name or email address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Entry is open to everyone except employees (and their families) of Cicerone, Mont Blanc Treks, its agents, the suppliers of the prize and any other companies associated with the competition.
- The prizes are non transferable, non refundable and subject to availability. No purchase necessary. There are no cash alternatives available for the prizes listed. In the event of a prize being unavailable, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Our decisions are final. We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, or due to computer error.
- The holiday includes: a fully guided trek of the full circuit Tour du Mont Blanc, worth £2,475 beginning on the 1st September 2020. Accommodation for 12 nights and 10 days trekking, with two days to enjoy Courmayeur and Chamonix. Baggage transfer, guiding and meals is also included. The winner we also receive a copy of the Cicerone guidebook to the Tour of Mont Blanc. The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including travel to and from Chamonix and any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- The entrant must have previous long distance walking experience and have a good level of fitness suitable for undertaking this specific trek. See our Trekking Grades & Fitness Information for further details.
- View more information about the trip here: Https://montblanctreks.com/tour-du-mont-blanc/mont-blanc-circuit-full
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner.
- The winner's name will be available by writing to us no earlier than six weeks, unless otherwise stated, after the close of the competition. Only the surname and country of the winner will be disclosed.
- The winner will be drawn at random from answers received by the closing date stated. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Failure to respond and/or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.