Explore the Brecon Beacons National Park with a Cicerone guidebook
Walking on the Brecon Beacons
A handy guidebook describing 45 circular day walks in the Brecon Beacons National Park. From west to east, Mynydd Du, Fforest Fawr, the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains offer a wide range of options for walkers. The walks described avoid the less interesting, more popular routes to explore dramatic waterfalls, wooded gorges and upland valleys More...
Buy from Cicerone
Other eBook formats (more information)
The Brecon Beacons National Park in South Wales is a place of beautiful and diverse landscapes. One of three national parks in Wales, more than half of its 519 square miles are over 1000ft above sea level and it boasts a rich mixture of majestic valleys, dramatic waterfalls and high mountain peaks and ridges.
All of the 45 walking routes are circular and avoid using stretches of road wherever possible. The guidebook is divided into seven geographic sections:
- Brecon Beacons – North-Eastern Valleys and Ridges
- Brecon Beacons – Eastern Valleys and Ridges
- Brecon Beacons – South-Western Valleys and Ridges
- Fforest Fawr
- Waterfall Country
- The Black Mountains / Mynydd Du – Western Brecon Beacons National Park
- The Black Mountains / Y Mynyddoedd Duon - Eastern Brecon Beacons National Park