Sarah Williams walks the Wales Coast Path in its 10th anniversary year
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Wales Coast Path this year, adventurer and founder of Tough Girl Challenges, Sarah Williams has teamed up with Cicerone Press to walk the entire 720km of the coastal path from Tuesday 19 April until Thursday 9 June.
Using the newly released guidebook, Walking the Wales Coast Path, by Paddy Dillon from Cicerone, Sarah’s 50-day trip will see her release a vlog series following her journey as she meets the people who make the path, from locals and business owners to artists and poets, as well as those responsible for looking after and maintaining the path.Sarah will also visit the local businesses and participate in activities along the route, showcasing some of the best experiences to be had along the Welsh coast. New vlogs will be posted on the Tough Girl Youtube Channel - every Wednesday & Friday at 7am UK time. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out.
Sarah Williams is an adventurer and the host of the award-winning Tough Girl Podcast (TGP). In 2016 the Guardian recognised Sarah has one of the 10 most inspiring contemporary female adventurers and in 2018 Red Bull named Sarah one of the top 21 UK female adventurers to follow on Instagram. You can see the Tough Girl Challenges website or follow Sarah on Instagram.
I’m so excited to be heading off to walk the Wales Coast Path @walescoastpath - Llwybr Arfordir Cymru!
Here's 5 facts about the WCP:
1) Spanning 870 miles of Welsh coastline — Wales is one of a few countries in the world to have a continuous coastal path stretching it’s entire length.
2) Wales has more Blue Flag beaches per mile than anywhere else in the UK.
3) There are more than 100 beaches dotted along the Wales Coast Path.
4) Over 43 million visits are made to the Welsh coastline of which walking was the most popular activity.
5) Rhossili Bay on the Gower Peninsula, south Wales, has been voted among the top 10 beaches in the world.
To read more articles like this get our newsletter
Sign up today for a 20% discount on your next purchase. Join over 30,000 enthusiasts from around the world. If you don’t love our mix of new books, articles, offers and competitions, you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never spam you, sell your data or send emails from third parties.