Climb the Munros with a Cicerone Guidebook
Walking the Munros Vol 2 – Northern Highlands and the Cairngorms
by Steve Kew
The second of two guidebooks to walking Scotland's Munros. Covers routes to 144 Munros in the Cairngorms, northern Scottish highlands (north of the Great Glen) and Skye. Munros are Scottish mountains over 3000ft in height, this guidebook includes routes for Ben Macdui, Braeiach and Craig Meagaidh. More...
Buy from Cicerone
Other eBook formats (more information)
This second volume of a two-part series of guides to the Munros details 70 routes to 144 Munros in the Cairngorms and Northern Highlands (north of the Great Glen). Bound in a hard-wearing, waterproof PVC cover, it includes all the popular routes, in areas such as Knoydart, Torridon and on Skye. The guide is ideal for Munro bagging, or for guidance on walking such hills as Ben Macdui, Cairn Gorm, The Angel's Peak, Craig Meagaidh and the Cuillin on Skye.
As well as a thorough introduction with advice for walkers regarding access, transport and accommodation, each route includes informaton on distance, ascent, and route time; as well as detailed descriptions of the walk, enticing photography and custom-drawn 1:50,000 maps.
The 283 Munros in Scotland mean something different to every walker. Some view the collection as a challenge; will you climb all of Scotland's +3000ft mountains? To some they offer days of exciting adversity, to others a taste of wilderness and the freedom of exploration. To all, the Munros provide beauty, adventure and the pleasure of a great day's walking.
Volume 1 decribes routes on 139 Munros in the southern, central and western Scottish highlands.
- Handy pocket-size guide to take into the hills
- Detailed route descriptions around each of the 144 Munros (all the popular routes included)
- All routes prefaced by a wealth of information about Gaelic names, accommodation and access
- Useful 10-figure grid refererences for key points such as summits and start point of awkward descent lines
- Information on travel and making the most of your walks and your stay in the area
- Index listing all the Munros by height and alphabetically
- Hard-wearing, waterproof PVC cover
- Part of a two-part series; Volume 1 covers the southern Munros
Climbed all the Munros? Need a new challenge? Or maybe just a smaller one? Cicerone also has a set of guidebooks to The Corbetts. These are a collection of 221 Scottish mountains between 2500 and 2999ft and are available in a two volume set: Volume 1 covers the Corbetts south of the Great Glen, while Volume 2 explores those to the north.