The Munros Vol 2 - Northern Highlands and the Cairngorms
Walking the Munros Vol 2 – Northern Highlands and the Cairngorms
by Steve Kew
The second of two guidebooks to walking Scotland's Munros, this guidebook details routes to 145 Munros in the Cairngorms, northern Scottish highlands (north of the Great Glen) and Skye. Volume 1 covers Munros in the southern, central and western Highlands. More...
Buy from Cicerone
Other eBook formats (more information)
This second volume of a two-part series of guides to the Munros details routes to 145 Munros in the Cairngorms and northern highlands (north of the Great Glen). A comprehensive introduction indicates the history of the Munros and includes vital information to make your quest as successful as possible.
- Detailed route descriptions around each of the 145 Munros (all the popular routes included), with sketch map for each route
- All routes prefaced by a wealth of information about Gaelic names, accommodation and access
- Useful 10-figure grid refererences for key points such as summits and start point of awkward descent lines
- Travel and other information on making the most of your walks and your stay in the area
- Appendix listing all the Munros covered in the guide
- Outstanding full-colour photography
- Hard-wearing, waterproof PVC cover
- Part of a two-part series; volume 1 covers the southern Munros